NEIU Reading and Writing Survey
Students are not allowed to retake the NEIU Reading and Writing Survey. Any further appeal must be made in writing to Tina Villa, English Language Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
A student may elect to retest for one or more course placements by retaking the placement test(s) for the subject areas (math, reading or writing) they choose. Before retaking the tests, it is highly recommended that all students review the Placement Test Preparation page to study and complete Accuplacer practice tests, and consider tutoring. Retests are given only under the following conditions.
Retake Conditions (Accuplacer Only)
Retests of Accuplacer tests are given only under the following conditions: Students can retest in each subject area only one time.
- Any retest must be completed before coursework is begun in that subject area. The only two exceptions to this condition are the following: (a) a student may retest in math or writing if they successfully complete math or writing coursework in the NEIU Summer Bridge Program, and (b) a student may retest in math (but not writing) if they earn a grade of A in their first Math Development course.
- The higher of the original and retake scores will be honored and placement will be final.
- You must wait at least 14 days before retaking your test.
- Contact Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a retake and/or fill out the form to sign up online.
- Students taking the test for the third time (or more) must first get approval from the department:
- For Math, contact Matthew Graham, Math Development Coordinator, at (773) 442-5758 or email@example.com.
- For Writing and Reading, contact Tina Villa, English Language Program Coordinator, at (773) 442-5480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any further appeal must be made in writing to the Math Development Coordinator (for math placement) or the English Language Program Coordinator (for Reading and Writing placement) and must be made at least one week before classes start for the semester.
- You must wait at least 14 days before retaking your test for the first time. You must wait at least 30 days before retaking your test again after that.
- Before scheduling your second retest (after it is approved), pay the $10 fee online.
For more information, please contact Testing Services at email@example.com or (773) 442-5293.