NEIU Reading and Writing Survey
Students are not allowed to retake the NEIU Reading and Writing Survey. Any further appeal must be made in writing to Tina Villa, English Language Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A student may elect to retest for one or more course placements by retaking the placement test(s) for the subject areas (math, reading or writing) they choose. Before retaking the tests, it is highly recommended that all students review the Placement Test Preparation page to complete Accuplacer practice tests. Retests are given only under the following conditions.
Retests of Accuplacer tests are given only under the following conditions.
Retake Conditions (Accuplacer Only)
Students can retest in each subject area only one time.
- Any retest must be completed before coursework is begun in that subject area. The only two exceptions to this condition are the following: (a) a student may retest in math or writing if they successfully complete math or writing coursework in the NEIU Summer Bridge Program, and (b) a student may retest in math (but not writing) if they earn a grade of A in their first Math Development course.
- The higher of the original and retake scores will be honored and placement will be final.
- There is a $10 charge for retaking each test section (math, writing, reading). You can pay the fee online.
- Contact Testing Services at email@example.com to request a retake.
- Before scheduling your retest, pay the $10 fee online.
- Students taking the test for the third time (or more) must first get approval from the department:
- For Math, contact Matthew Graham, Math Development Coordinator, at (773) 442-5758 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Writing and Reading, contact Tina Villa, English Language Program Coordinator, at (773) 442-5480 or email@example.com.
- Any further appeal must be made in writing to the Math Development Coordinator (for math placement) or the English Language Program Coordinator (for Reading and Writing placement) and must be made at least one week before classes start for the semester.
For more information, please contact Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 442-5293.