Northeastern Illinois University is pleased to offer the Social Justice Leadership Housing Award. This new program is for incoming freshmen and transfer students who want to spend their first year at NEIU in a program that emphasizes social justice. Selected students will enroll in a First-Year Experience (FYE) seminar class during their first semester and participate in a series of leadership workshops during their second semester.
Students selected for this pilot program will be awarded one year of free housing at The Nest, Northeastern's on-campus student housing.
This program covers all unmet costs for living in The Nest during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. First-time freshmen and transfer students who are admitted into an NEIU degree or certificate program are eligible to apply. Returning award recipients may be eligible for additional support in subsequent years, subject to availability of space and funds.
In order to receive and remain eligible for the award, students must:
- Be an admitted freshman or transfer student
- Have a FAFSA (or RISE Act State Alternative Application) on file with NEIU
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 during their first year at NEIU
- Maintain a full-time course load of at least 12 credits per semester
- Meet regularly with an academic advisor
Are you interested? Take the next step! We will send you additional details and instructions on how to apply.